Monday, November 8, 2010

Simply Sweet

Autumn is one of my favorite of the four seasons (the other being Spring followed closely by Winter and Summer respectively...all within narrow margins for each brings it's own beauty). My love for Autumn stems from many different areas of interest. For example; I LOVE football, it's my favorite sport and Autumn means the beginning of football parties and my undying love for all things Oklahoma Sooner and Denver Broncos...even when they aren't doing so well...I'm what you call a die hard fan!



Then there is my love for nature's beauty. It's so beautiful seeing the foliage go from green to vivid golds, rusty oranges, and rich reds. If I could paint it I would; alas, I'm not much a painter, or at least I'd do it no such justice. Something about the color scheme mixed with the cooler temperatures makes me so much more calm and relaxed. It's just a cozy time of the year. The prelude to the snuggliest month of the year: winter. But that's for another blog on another day.


The changing of the leaves is a sort of inspiration for me. I always feel more creative in the Autumn and I think that my art shows my sudden surge of the artsy bug. Whether it be through my photos or sketches, designs, and all of the lovely clothing that Autumn has to offer I sync off of it's beauty. And that's a good thing. I feel more radiant in the Autumn too. My hair, which is VERY curly naturally, can finally calm down and be frizz-free (a wonderful perk) and my skin just glows! The Autumn colors bring out my natural tones, so it compliments me. More than just the physical it compliments my personality too. I'm less stressed during these gorgeous months and I find that I'm more open-minded and positive about things too. It's crazy how certain times of the year have this affect on me.



This Autumn my daughter is finally old to start doing crafts so I've got a splendid meddley of artsy fun-ness in store for my little Stinkerbella! I just love crafts; whether it be sewing, sculpting, sketching, taking pictures, making flower arrangements, beadwork, crocheting, knitting, needlepointing, painting and all sorts of other creating! I LOVE IT! How do you feel about Autumn? What are your favorite things about this glorious time of year? Are there any crafts that you adore? Do tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment